Please download and read how to install LAStools on your computer.
Part of LAStools is “free” open-source LGPL while some tools require licencing for any commercial use. However, they may be used “freely” for all non-profit personal, non-military educational, or non-profit humanitarian purposes.
Read more about products and licencing here.
If you are CZU student you can download data for all lessons from sharepoint.
- Lesson 1 (Introduction to LAStools)
Manual for lesson 1.
- Lesson 2 (Exploring LAS point clouds in LAStools)
Manual for lesson 2.
- Lesson 3 (Quality checking, LAStools)
Manual for lesson 3.
- Lesson 4 (Ground filtering, LAStools)
Manual for lesson 4 .
- Lesson 5 (Batch scripting, LAStools)
Manual for lesson 5.
- Lesson 6 (Working with point clouds in ArcGIS)
Manual for lesson 6.
- Lesson 7 (Generating Canopy Height Models, LAStools/ArcGIS)
Manual for lesson 7.
- Lesson 8 (3D vegetation metrics, LAStools/ArcGIS)
Manual for lesson 8.
- Lesson 9 (Space-borne laser altimetry)
Manual for lesson 9.
- Lesson 10 (TEST)
- Lesson 11 (LiDAR of Dejvice)
It should be noted that some task in our lessons were inspired by tutorials, talks, and courses given by Martin Isenburg (1972 – 2021). Jonathan Shewchuck memorial to Martin.